Grant Writing Services and Coaching
Arts grant funding can transform a project, and with it, an artist or organization’s entire trajectory. But, many individual artists or leaders of arts organizations don’t know how or don’t have time to craft competitive applications.
Think of me as your grant writing coach, your part-time grant writing specialist, or an experienced artistic director who can help you put the finishing touches on a project or application.
One of the most important things I offer my clients is lasting improvement in their grant seeking skills and process. A grant should never just be about a single project. Instead, the grant is a stepping stone to achieving long-term mission and providing an ongoing benefit to the client and the people who experience the project.
These are services that I offer:
- Program design — planning unique projects that spark a sense of curiosity, excitement, and purpose.
- Grant proposal strategy — planning what you’ll ask for, how you’ll use the money, and why your proposal fits with the goals of the grant.
- Community engagement design — finding concrete ways to reach the communities that will most benefit from your project.
- Writing effective responses to application questions — clarifying both the how and the why of your project with direct yet creative language.
- Budgeting — understanding how to create project budgets that tell a clear story of your project from a financial perspective.
- Research — learn how to find grants that you or your organization are eligible for.